Quality Assurance EngineerBangalore
Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) to serve as the quality leads and test strategy owners for large cross-functional projects, scope test requirements, create quality test plans. You will get the opportunity to define quality metrics for complex products, and identify trends to prevent future defects. You will also work closely with Engineering, Product, Program and UX teams as you develop high quality test plans for new features. As a QAE, you will also get multiple opportunities to show your leadership skills and recommend improvements to the way systems are designed and tested across programs and projects. A successful candidate will have an interest in testing consumer-facing products, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, good communication skills, motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create test strategy, write test plans and design test cases
- Help define and lead the Quality Assurance processes
- Implement best practices; build a variety of different testing protocols, tools and metrics
- Work closely with the multiple development teams to assure test coverage
- Participate in Agile scrum planning sessions.
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices
- Assist in building tools and frameworks for automated testing
- Work with remote teams to enable delivery of test artifacts
- Execute functional, regression tests, performance and stress testing
Basic qualification :
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- four or more years of QA experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with defining test strategy, writing test plans, and designing and executing software tests Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Experience in Perl/Python scripting and user-level automation
- Competency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and be able to synthesize the results
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
Preferred qualification :
- Fluency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, C#, or PERL.
- Experience with testing methodologies for server class services, including latency and load testing.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Experience with test automation tools, schedulers, frameworks, and harnesses.
- Proven experience in measuring and reporting quality and driving improvements across teams via consensus.
- Experience designing and implementing test cases, running, and reporting on quality.
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications and analyze data and server logs.
- Fluent in at least one scripting language, and the ability to read Java code.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding the scope of different types of testing: unit, integration, functional and regression tests
- Familiarity with Java unit testing frameworks
- Experience testing both web applications and back end services, including functional API testing, integration testing, and UI functionality and usability testing
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
- Experience with quality metrics and clear status reporting
©2020 GetYourJob. All rights reserved.